Re: Please help! (was: Re: One system works, the other doesn't)

On Fri, 9 May 2003, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

> [snip]
> 3) I have no idea about.  Since you have the same version of mutt on
>    both machines, I'd guess it's a permission problem.
>    Are your mailboxes on a local drive, or a network one?  What's the
>    output of "ls -l" and "ls -ln" on all of your mailboxes on both
>    machines?  Are your /etc/passwd and /etc/group up to date on both
>    machines?  You have a capitalized "P" in the username on your work
>    machine, and the UID is >10000, which means you're a domain user.  Did
                 (                                                   )
Group in parens there (I was about to guess that Pdavis is a domain user,
hence the capital "P" comment, and then noticed the numeric UID value.

>    you ever wonder what group name "mkgroup_l_d" means?  Looks like your
>    Cygwin is on NTFS in both cases, though, so that's not an issue.
                                                 ^^^^
"that" = the filesystem.  I do think the /etc/passwd and /etc/group aren't
up to date.

But hey, it's late, and the e-mail was long... ;-)
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty.
  -- Leto II