Re: pthread_signal() references illegal memory address

On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 12:51:58PM +0200, Kern Sibbald wrote:

> > > I ran it in an rxvt shell under my id and it does not crash.
> > > Tell me how to get a LocalSystem owned shell and I will try
> > > it.  This is XP Home, so I don't have access to a lot of the
> > > XP security dialogs.
> >
> > "at <time> /interactive c:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe -i --login"
> > (<time> should be current time however long you're willing to wait, at
> > least one minute).  "at /?" for help.
> > [Note, this works on Win2k, don't know about XP Home].
>
> Yes, your trick works on WinXP Home too. So much for Windows
> security!

In case anyone is interested, I was working on a friend's XP Home PC
and tried this with the low-priviledge "Guest" account, but any
'at' command just gave 'Access is denied'. :(
Normal accounts work fine.

Not a suprise, but could be useful information.