Re: cron in cygwin

Bill,

This is *way* too complicated.  It's fine if you run other things using
sysvinit, but if all you want is cron, try the way described in
/usr/doc/Cygwin/cron.README (you did read it, didn't you?  that directory
contains the necessary instructions specifically for the Cygwin ports --
see <http://cygwin.com/faq/faq.html#SEC28>).

Regarding your "NOTE 1" below -- is it reproducible?  Could you please
post the output of "getfacl filename" before and after "chown filename"?
Perhaps Pierre or Corinna could comment on this?
	Igor

--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty.
  -- Leto II