Compile times in Windows

I know this question is somewhat vague, but that's how it was presented to
me so that's what I have to start with.  I've been asked to find a way to
make gcc and the binutils faster in Windows ( Cygwin ).  Before I get down
to the level of profiling the code I thought I'd ask if there are any
compile time options I may not be aware of that might speed the works up a
little.

For the record I've already sent this question to the binutils mailing list
as well.