Re: Intel compilers for Linux on cygwin

On Sun, 4 May 2003, Kin Fai Chan wrote:

> Hello,
> I would like to ask whether it is possible to install Intel's compilers
> for Linux on cygwin. If yes, what is the procedure? Thanks in advance.
> Kin

<http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#CYNUX>.  Cygwin is not Linux.  You cannot run
Linux binaries on Cygwin.  You may be able to compile the software from
source, but this probably will involve some porting effort.

That having been said, get the source for the software you need, and try
compiling it.  If you get compilation errors or incorrect functionality,
try to fix them.  If you can't, try asking on this list for help - people
here will generally respond to well-formed inquiries, at least for typical
problems.
You might wish to read <http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html>
prior to posting.

Please do not ask people here to port the software for you (unless you are
prepared to offer compensation, in which case it's a matter for private
discussion with interested parties).
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty.
  -- Leto II