Re: One system works, the other doesn't

Ronald Landheer-Cieslak <ronald@landheer.com> wrote in
Pine.LNX.4.44.0305021045290.26181-100000@localhost.localdomain:">news:Pine.LNX.4.44.0305021045290.26181-100000@localhost.localdomain:

>> 2) At home (NT4), the simple perl script I use to filter mutt
>> messages
>>    before displaying them works beautifully.  At work (XP), the
>>    messages all display with ^M at the end of every line.  (This is
>>    recent ... since I just re-installed Cygwin on this machine.  It
>>    *used* to work.)
> Might be related to your CYGWIN environment variable, or (digging in
> swapped-out memory) the issues explained by Igor here:
> http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2003-04/msg01823.html

Interesting.  I have no CYGWIN environment variable defined on either
system, though that might be a convenient way to override whatever's
different about the XP one ... assuming I ever find out what it is.

>> I've compared the output from 'cygcheck -s -v' on the two machines,
>> but I didn't see anything obvious.  (The work machine has more
>> packages installed.)  Can anyone suggest what might be responsible
>> for these quirks?
> Other than the WAGs above, we'll probably need the two cygcheck
> files..

Ok.  I've posted both cygcheck -svr output files now.  I don't see anything
that looks like an obvious significant difference, but I'd be happy if
someone else spots it and points it out.

Thanks,

-pd

--
--------