Re: Cygwin is VERY slow now

>>"Q8114993"

Q811493.

And then Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

If there is a short-running command (e.g., ls, cp, id) that gets
noticeably slower after the hotfix, an interesting piece of data would be
the output of strace on that command, both with and without the hotfix.

The funny thing is that I have this hotfix on my WinXP Pro SP1 laptop, and _generally_ things are fast enough, but _occasionally_ some small command (e.g. diff of a couple of small files) will hang for about 10 seconds before executing.

(Immediately re-executing it seems to make it work OK, so I'm guessing this may not really be Q811493 in action at all, but more likely something like the gethostname() thing. But I may still uninstall the hotfix anyway, since I never run my laptop connected to a public internet anyway..)
--
Shankar.