Re: cannot checkout cygwin

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 12:02:59AM +0100, Max Bowsher wrote:
>> Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
>>> Hallo,
>>>
>>> Getting this error :
>>>
>>> cvs server: Updating winsup/cygwin
>>> P winsup/cygwin/ChangeLog
>>> cvs [server aborted]: could not find desired version 1.19 in
>>> /cvs/src/src/winsup/cygwin/malloc.cc,v
>>
>> OK, you've managed to do something REALLY weird to your local copy.
>
> No, that was me.  I moved the old malloc.cc to malloc_wrapper.cc a while
ago
> and made a new malloc.cc.  I shouldn't have done that but the damage is
done
> now.

But I can repair it if you like.

What needs to be done is:

In malloc.cc,v: Increase the revision numbers of all existing revisions in
this file, and then graft in the revisions from malloc_wrapper.cc,v which
actually existed under the name malloc.cc.

In malloc_wrapper.cc,v: Set state = dead on those revisions that were
grafted into malloc.cc,v .

If you would like me to do this, I'd first need you to do:

cvs ci -f -r1.27 malloc.cc

The log message could be:
'Bump revision number to allow for broken metadata from a bad rename to be
fixed'

Max.