Re: setup.exe: Woe is me!

Phil Bewig wrote:
> I just killed setup.exe after over an hour of inactivity.  A total
> of over 125MB of disk space has disappeared in the last few
> hours while I have been running setup.exe, reading and
> replying to email on the cygwin mailing list in this thread
> using MS Outlook, and searching the cygwin mailing list
> archives with MSIE.  When I killed setup.exe (using the
> "cancel" button on the progress screen), I received a popup
> message "Cannot open log file d:\/var/log/setup.log for
> writing."  Are there any additional clues here?  What is
> consuming disk?  And how do I get it back?

OK, I'm taking a wild guess here, but just in case setup doesn't like the
'\/' in the install path, try setting your cygwin root to "d:\cygwin".

Also, where is the discspace disappearing? C: or D:? If D:, then if all you
have on that drive is Cygwin stuff, it should be easy to track down where
the space is going to?

Max.