RE: setup.exe: Woe is me!

I just killed setup.exe after over an hour of inactivity.  A total
of over 125MB of disk space has disappeared in the last few
hours while I have been running setup.exe, reading and
replying to email on the cygwin mailing list in this thread
using MS Outlook, and searching the cygwin mailing list
archives with MSIE.  When I killed setup.exe (using the
"cancel" button on the progress screen), I received a popup
message "Cannot open log file d:\/var/log/setup.log for
writing."  Are there any additional clues here?  What is
consuming disk?  And how do I get it back?

Thanks again,

Phil