Re: SSH, Samba, smbnetsec and chmod

Stephen Sherbert wrote:

I just wish there was a way to have a Samba mapped drive show up
correctly in cygwin.  Both of my cases show a different problem, but I
think case 1 is the lesser of the 2.  So I will stick with smbntsec set
to ON.  I can manually build my known_hosts file as well.

Perhaps someone will have a suggestion I have not thought of.

I use this scenario myself & it can work.
Make sure the samba share is
guest ok = No
nt acl support = yes

So the user & group have a chance to map correctly with smbntsec in force.

Regards,

--
Doug VanLeuven