Re: GDB GUI (was RE: Problem building ddd on cygwin)

"Williams, Gerald S (Jerry)" wrote:

> Fred Ma wrote:
> > But this insight thing is really nice.
>
> I agree. That's what I've used most with Cygwin, only I
> didn't know it since "gdb" used to launch it. I expect
> that I'll continue to mostly use it.
>
> "ddd" runs under X-windows, and on my machine at least
> feels a bit sluggish. That could be because I've been
> experimenting with my X-windows configuration, though.
> The last time I used ddd seriously was so long ago that
> I can't really offer a good comparison.
>
> -Jerry

In that case, I'll probably just dabble with Insight for now.
I don't want to fire up Xwindows just for one app.  Nice to
know that the other DDD option is still available, though.
Thanks for the feedback.

Fred

--
Fred Ma, fma at doe dot carleton dot ca
Carleton University, Dept. of Electronics