Re: Licensing fee for Cygwin 1.3.X

Robert Hua wrote:

I am using my own custom DOS batch scripts to facilitate the launching of a commercial application. Some enhancements that I want to make in these scripts require more complex text
manipulation than DOS can provide, but they are simple to do in a Unix shell (bash).

Could the Unix text commands (e.g. grep, more, tail, etc) in Cygwin 1.3.x be used without incurring additional licensing fees? If a licensing fee is required under version 1.3.x, is it also required in a "pre-commercial" release of Cygwin (e.g. B19, B20.1)?

You'd be surprised by what you can do in the Windows shell nowadays. I know I was though I still prefer the Unix environment. I suggest you give thought to perhaps just using cmd and avoiding all the licensing issues. See news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.win2000.cmdprompt.admin for experts.