Re: cygwin - Versioned Distro's (was Re: A request?)

On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 04:30:47AM +0100, Elfyn McBratney wrote:
>What we'd need:
>
>- A CVS repository

Are you seriously considering setting up a CVS repository for the
whole distribution?  I don't think I want to set aside that much
disk space for this.

Just to set the ground rules: While I see it as inevitable that there
will be a certain amount of interaction required from me, I've said on
multiple occasions that I have little interest in this scheme.

If I'm convinced that there is enough interest and commitment, I'll take
some time to give people web page access and (if it is really needed)
CVS access.  However, I'm not going to change the way that I release the
cygwin DLL currently and I'm not going to allow changes in the current
release process to accommodate this new method.  In short, the goal is
for you to accommodate me, not the other way around.  This is probably
obvious to some but I thought I'd better say it early so I'd have a
URL to refer to later.

I really don't think this is a one man job, either.  This is a lot of
work.  I am not sure that anyone appreciates how much work it is.

cgf