Re: IMAP server, anyone?

For a Windows IMAP server, Hamster beats Mercury hands down, but I
really wanted something:

a) more Unix like
b) more silent and invisible
c) more prone to let me point to any directory

Hamster only works with folders inside its own directory. Sure, I can
have Exim or Procmail store mail there, but I want to keep everything
inside my Cygwin directory structure, and my mail in my $HOME
directory.

But I am having two problems with UW imapd:

1: It's not "silent and invisible" enough. It won't disconnect from
the terminal, say, like Exim, so you always have that useless console
window hanging about. It therefore fails requirement B.

2: I still haven't been able to make it work. Not too easy. Way to
pass requirement A!  :-)

--
Luciano ES
Santos, SP - Brasil