Re: IMAP server, anyone?

Abraham Backus wrote:

If you need any guidance getting the server working, take a look at the attached README that was included with the original cygwin port of this package. There isn't a lot to it :)

To have procmail or fetchmail feed mail into the imap server, I invoke the "tmail" binary, included in the "imap-utils" package.

I had at one time tried to set up an IMAP server and was conversing with a fellow named Edwardo (or something like that) about it. IIRC I got to the point were it would run but if the server ran as SYSTEM I could not get to my mail. It was as if it could not effectively switch user to my user ID and thus would not know where my home directory was therefore not be able to see all my mail folders. If I had changed the inetd.conf setting to use my username then I would be able to see things but that left my system wide open securitywise.

I'd be interested in revisiting this except I'm currently in the process of moving my services over to a real Linux box instead.