Re: Re: cygwin + sshd = nagle?

Hi,

Appologies for not being clear.

I was indeed surprised to find nagle was being turned off when I asked for
a non-interactive session - this is contarary to my understanding of ssh.

My concern was/is that though the debug printouts imply nagle is being turned
I think it is left on. I beleive this because I am getting peformance comensurate
nagle enabled even when ssh's debug assures me it has been disabled.

I am interested to know if the reason nagle is left on is because sshd assumes
the socket on its standard input is a real socket whereas under cygwin the socket
may have already been replaced with a pipe by the underlieing cygwin DLL.

I suspose what I'am asking is where is the pipe implemented in cygwin, is
it between an Inetd like application (sshd would be similar to inetd in this respect)
or is it implemented in the exec wrapper?

I am not trying to report a bug mearly trying to understand how sshd is working
and how to make my application work.

-Steve