Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cron-3.0.1-9

Corinna Vinschen wrote on 16 abr 2003:

>> /usr/sbin/sendmail: can't open the smtp port (0) on mailhost.
>
> What does ls -l /usr/sbin/sendmail print?

lrwxrwxrwx   1 Luc    all    119 Apr 15 21:39 /usr/sbin/sendmail ->
/usr/sbin/ssmtp

> And what does your /etc/ssmtp/ssmpt.conf file look like?

Hmmmm... I don't have one.  :-(
Sorry for the lame faux pas. I have little experience with unix, and
you must admit there is A LOT to learn about it. man ssmtp, here I
come, humbly.

>> Also, I'm inclined to think that crontab.exe also needs some
>> tweaking. If I edit my tabs with Vi (yikes!), the tasks are
>> run. I mean, now I get that error above. But if I edit a file
>> with my ever- so-stunning Windows text editor and run
>>
>> crontab file.txt
>>
>> ... all tasks are skipped.
>
> It's not CRLF related since crontab does convert all CRLFs on
> input to LFs on output.  Are you sure that your... stunning...
> Windows editor doesn't create some line wraps on it's own?

I don't think so. My stunning editor (UltraEdit) is set to use LF
instead of CRLF in every new file it creates. Can that be a
problem???

Thanks,
--
Luciano ES