OpenSSH 4 Win - spurious listener ports after conx established

I downloaded and installed the OpenSSH for Windows package
(http://lexa.mckenna.edu/) yesterday and it works fine, but I noticed some
strange behaviour from the sshd when a connection is established.

I installed the server on XP pro, and have connected to it using Putty and
plink from a 2k box.

When an ssh connection is established, running netstat -an on the XP box
shows that ports >1024 are
being opened as listner services and then closed after a fraction of a
second, and then the next available port is opened and so on. Looking at the
firewall stats I can see that it is the ssh daemon that owns these ports.

I stopped the sshd service and launched sshd.exe from a cmd.exe instead and
found that it did not bind to these user ports, but it would seem unlikely
that cygrunsrv is at fault.

Has anyone seen this before, or got any idea why the sshd would be
continually opening these listening ports?

Many thanks
Martin