Re: [BUG] in Setup (was: Re: A Bug ?)

RLC> * what you did, step-by-step
First, downloaded the whole things I wanted to install.
I've got these contents of the dir (see attach)
then I loaded setup exe on home machine with
no access to internet.
Then I chose 'Install from local directory'.
Then I set Root directory to d:\cygwin,
Install for all users, and Unix text file type.
then I've set Local Package Directory to
c:\SOURCE.DSC\cygwin  and then got the error message.

Just before that I've removed previous installation of Cygwin
using regedit (Killed all corresponding keys) and wiped
d:\cygwin.

RLC> * what kind of system you're running on
I'm using Windows 2000 build 2195, sp 3.
RLC> * what version of Setup you're running
2.340.2.5
274?432 bytes exe file length.
>>   Is there any detour to get setup.exe working ?
RLC> Depends on what went wrong :)

>>   Where should I report this bug ?
RLC> as per: http://cygwin.com/lists.html
RLC> on cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com, it says:
RLC> Here's the one exception: This mailing list is the preferred location for
RLC> design discussions and bug reports regarding cygwin's setup.exe program,
RLC> although such discussions may occur on the cygwin mailing list, as well.
RLC> The setup program is found in the  cygwin-apps/setup directory.

RLC> I've cc'd the two lists concerned by this mail (cygwin at cygwin dot com
RLC> and cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com) - the first because it's where you sent
RLC> the message, the second because it's where it should go. As the second is
RLC> a subscribers-only list, either any subsequent discussion will have to
RLC> stay on cygwin at ... or you'll have to subscribe to cygwin-apps at ...

RLC> I also renamed the subject so the people who are behind Setup (which I am
RLC> not - I'm just another user) will be more enclined to read it. (See
RLC> http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html for reference)

Thank you very much.

--
Best regards,
 Stepan                            mailto:yakovenko at ngs dot ru