Re: Exim, .forward and DBD::Oracle

"Dmitry Melekhov" <dm at belkam dot com> writes:

>> Can you call your script as following:
>>
>>   $ ORACLE_HOME=c:/oracle/ora81 <this script>
>
> I tried to set this as
>   environment="ORACLE_HOME='c:\oracle\ora81'"
> environment="ORACLE_HOME='c:\oracle\ora81'"
> in pipe configuration in exim.conf, but this doesn't help. Well, situation
> becomes differernt, I received  error:
> DynaLoader::bootstrap for DBD::Oracle (auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.dll)
> DBI connect('host=oracle.belkam.com;sid=TABEL','tabel',...) failed: Error
> while trying to retrieve text for error ORA-12538 (DBD ERROR:
> OCIServerAttach) at /home/tabel/test.pl line 11
> Died at /home/tabel/test.pl line 11.

Now the ORACLE_HOME seems to be correct, but from the error message
above it looks that something is wrong in the specification of your
remote oracle service. Here the description of the Oracle Error.

$ oerr ora 12538
12538, 00000, "TNS:no such protocol adapter"
// *Cause: The protocol adapter requested (by way of the "(PROTOCOL=..)"
// keyword-value pair in a TNS address) is unknown. If the supplied address
// is typographically correct then the protocol adaptor is not installed.
// *Action: Install the protocol adapter or correct typographically error,
// as appropriate.  Note: if the supplied address was derived from
// resolving the service name, check the address in the appropriate file
// (TNSNAMES.ORA, LISTENER.ORA or TNSNET.ORA).

For test purposes you may also call the ORACLE programs, tnsping or
sqlplus.

Harald