Re: configuring BitchX

On Fri, 11 Apr 2003, Cant wrote:
> configuring meaning DURING ./configure meaning i have cygwin installed and
> that is the problem and i dont know what this means...
>
> ,, and put it in your path. ''
>
> how am i supposed to do that...?
OK.. at least we're clearing up what you're doing a bit..
Just tell me if this is right: you're trying to *configure* BitchX
(apparently an IRC client - I didn't know that (thanks Max)) and, during
the *configure* stage *something* complains about not finding cygwin1.dll?
After that, *make* complains about not finding *configure*, which is
needed for config.status (to see if it's up-to-date)?

Hmm.. OK..

http://cygwin.com/bugs.html would be a nice place to start:
* In your description, show how to reproduce the problem. This means
  including a test case if at all possible.
I think we just reverse-engineered one, but that is too much to ask.
Please verify the description I gave and complement it.
* At the very least, always include which cygwin beta release you are
  using and give the operating system and its version number.
We don't have that information yet and it may be very helpful..
* Run cygcheck -s -v -r > cygcheck.out and include that as an attachment
  in your report. Please do not compress the output but include it as a
  straight text file so that it can be easily viewed.
missing.. please provide

In the mean time, I'll bend myself sideways trying to reproduce your
problem ;)

rlc