Re: configuring BitchX

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003, Cant wrote:
> Opening of this application isnt possible because cygwin1.dll is not found.
> Maybe re-installing the application will fix this problem.
>
> i dont know why... it seems to happen right after the configure checks for
> connect then this error window pops up i click ok and then it goes on its
> merry way BUT then when i go to type make it says:
>
> [Cant at calebus /BitchX]$ make
> make: *** No rule to make target `configure', needed by `config.status'.
> Stop.
>
> and its pissing me off...
and you actually expect an answer from someone?

1. your subject line has the word "bitch" in it, which would normally
indicate spam, but I'll suppose it's some kind of research project on
female dogs ;)
2. "and its pissing me off..." doesn't really invite any responses as it's
not a question - what *is* your question anyway?

If cygwin1.dll is not found, that's probably because you've either not
installed Cygwin, or cygwin1.dll is not in your PATH (or both). That can
easily be fixed: install Cygwin if you haven't yet, and put it in your
path.

If configure is missing from a source package, that's probably because it
hasn't been bootstrapped yet - run the proper tools for bootstrapping
(usually aclocal, autoheader, autoconf and automake) and try again.

..

and next time, try saying "female dog" - I won't be in biologist-mode all
the time ;)

rlc