Re: Problem with database engine on Cygwin

On Monday, Apr 7, 2003 I posted a query re. an issue I am having using a
database engine I wrote with Cygwin.  Through the use of Asserts() and liberal
printf()s I have traced the problem down to a single line of code.  Basically,
the code does the following:

int fd;
fd = creat ("SSNumberIndex.inx", 0644);

This is failing with a "permission denied" system error.  In terms of the
order of how things are done, the file SSNumberIndex.inx is unattached from an
old table, deleted, and then recreated.  It is during this recreation that I
am having the problem.  There is not a file with this name in the current
directory (it is deleted through a remove() system call, and the system
indicates that the removal is successful).

I have tried the following CYGWIN environment variables:

set CYGWIN=nontsec tty glob
set CYGWIN=nontsec tty glob binmode
set CYGWIN=ntsec tty glob binmode
set CYGWIN=ntsec tty glob

All to no avail.  I have read the sections on file permissions and text and
binary modes in Chapter 3 of the User Guide.  I have skimmed through the FAQ.
I don't see anything that resembles this issue.  My apologies if I just missed
it.

Any ideas would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.