Re: Problems with net use statement via sshd on cygwin

On Tue, 8 Apr 2003, Eric Hanchrow wrote:

>     OK, so the echo works, but does:
>
>        ssh user at some-machine net use f: \\\\\\server\\\\share /u:user passwd
>
>     work for you, in that the drive is usable?
>
> Yes, both interactively and non-:

Hmmm, this is interesting. A little further checking seems to show that
when logged in via ssh from a FreeBSD system to a Win2K system, the drive
mapping shown via 'net use' are per-login. I also have a cygwin
window/shell up on the box, and can do 'net use /d g:' in my ssh session,
which works, and shows G: gone when I do 'net use', however, the cygwin
window on the box, and a DOS window on the box both still show G: as being
available, and I can do 'dir g:' with no problems.

What gives. Am I crazy, or just deluded?

Regards
-----