Are named pipes in 1.3.22?

Old message from cfg:

Does it have named pipes?

Named pipes should be part of 1.3.22.

Did that mean they are a new feature of 1.3.22 or implemented a ways back? I looked back in the announcements a ways and didn't find any mention of it... reason I ask is because we are trying to run an app using mysql, running the server with settings skip-networking and enable-named-pipes. It's worked under Linux, but we can't get the connect to succeed under Cygwin... if named pipes aren't working yet, then that explains it ;)

-Tim