Re: command prompt window title

Randall,

You were right.  My path was setup so that instead
of picking up /usr/bin/vi, it was picking up my
DOS version of vi.  Once I corrected that, the
window title always shows "Cygwin" and never
changes regardless of what I'm running.

Thanks,
-Anoop

PS: Thanks to all who replied.  I'm not subscribed
to the Cygwin list to it took me a while to check
the responses in the archives and get back.

===========
At 11:38 2003-03-31, you wrote:
> I'm running cygwin's latest version 1.3.22-1.
> When I run cygwin from my desktop, it brings
> up a command prompt window with a title "Cygwin".
> I modified cygwin.bat to make my default shell
> tcsh.

> Anyway, after I run vi, the window title changes
> to "vi <fname>" where <fname> is the file that
> I'm editing.  When I quit vi, the title of the
> window remains that way until I quit the window,
> or I use vi again with another file, in which
> case it changes to "vi <newfilename>".

It sounds to me like there's a script or other intervening command
definition handling your invocation of "vi."

Please show us the output of "where vi" (assuming, as you state above, that
you're using tcsh). If you're using BASH, then show us the output of "type
-a vi".