Re: Postinstall failure: file not found

On Thu, 3 Apr 2003, Rudiyanto Gunawan wrote:

> >From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
> >Ok, this is very interesting...
> >Is this from a clean install, or is this a reinstall?
> >Did you happen to install the gcc-mingw package?  If so, could you please
> >post the logged output of that?
> >Oh, and which OS are you running on?
>
> The problem arised when I tried to update cygwin yesterday.
> At the end, the postinstall failed, and it messed up
> my installed cygwin. So, I uninstalled everything and
> started from scratch. But I am still getting the same
> postinstallation problem.
> My previous install was a full package installation and
> this was done late last year. I am not sure if gcc-mingw
> package was installed or not.
> I am running Windows 2000 SP3.
>
> thanks a lot

Rudiyanto,

Could you please do a clean install using the latest snapshot of setup
that you downloaded (2.348)?  Also, please select the gcc-mingw package as
part of that reinstall.  The reason for this is that the gcc-mingw
postinstall script actually prints something to its stdout, and so we can
determine whether that script did indeed run.  One other helpful thing you
could do is save the attached file as C:\cygwin\etc\postinstall\testpi.sh
before you run setup.

Once setup completes, please post setup.log.full (you can bzip2 it to save
space).  Also please post the output of "ls -la /etc/postinstall".
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu

Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty.
  -- Leto II