Re: trying to compile emacs under cygwin

Robert Mecklenburg wrote:

I'm trying to compile emacs under cygwin to debug the hanging problems
I'm experiencing and I've run into a minor wall.  Running
emacs-21.2.install yields the error:

Just a heads up: I am debugging a hang problem in Cygwin that emacs seems to trigger. It might be the same problem you are seeing, in which case it's not an emacs problem. If you have the same problem I do, when you run strace on a hung emacs you will see it in an infinite loop trying to deal with signal 20 (SIGCHLD). -- Joe Buehler