Re: vim quits and cygwin window contents not restored

On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, Charles Wilson wrote:

Charles Wilson wrote:
> Sorry, I haven't been following this thread.  See below.

> I'll try to figure out which parts are missing, and reinstate them --
> look for a new release (of terminfo-) sometime in the next week.

Try the following.  First, save /usr/share/terminfo/c/cygwin somewhere
handy.  Then, download and save the attached file cygwin.terminfo, and run
  'tic cygwin.terminfo'
which will compile it and install it into your terminfo database.

You can also hand edit /etc/termcap (back it up, first) and paste the
attached cygwin.termcap file into it, deleting the current definition.

Anyway, give that a shot.  You'll note there are a lot of question marks
in the comments in the cygwin.terminfo file.  If anyone's feeling really
ambitious and likes digging thru terminfo documentation, the
fhandler_console.cc source code in cygwin, and playing with
/usr/bin/tack.exe...

Chuck,

This works for me (Win2k SP2 console).  Vim restores the original screen
on exit, suspend, and command execution.  FYI, this also fixes the "vim
window title" problem, reported in
<http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2003-03/msg02264.html>.  Thanks!
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
     |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu

Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty.
 -- Leto II