RE: ls Question + bug?

> From: cygwin-owner at cygwin dot com [mailto:cygwin-owner at cygwin dot com]On Behalf
> Of Thorsten Kampe

> > NOTE: Do NOT change "/bin/ls" into just "ls",
>
> "command ls"

 Ahh... there you are ;-)

--8<--
> > Really soon -> a dead computer. (Powercycling is all that works
> after that)
>
> Your computer cannot be more dead than Windows 98 already is. Using an
> Operating System would you give something like "maximum recursion
> limit exceeded".
>
> Thorsten

 ;-) as I see it any MS generated "OS" has strange limitations/obscurities,
the above is an obvious one in W98.
 Remember where it all began; "Quick And Dirty Dos" -> very few changes ->
"MS-DOS 1.0". IMO the sense of it is still there, even in NT. Can't tell
about XP - but I would be surprised if the changes were that many.
 I've been running _well known_ applications on NT that misbehaved every
day.

 Sad but true, the availability of software is too good. An old machine as
it is - sets limits that I do not want to step beyond... "That's why the
lady is a tramp" ;-) .

/Hannu E K Nevalainen, Mariefred, Sweden

--END OF MESSAGE--