Re: command prompt window title

Anoop,

At 11:38 2003-03-31, you wrote:

I'm running cygwin's latest version 1.3.22-1.
When I run cygwin from my desktop, it brings
up a command prompt window with a title "Cygwin".
I modified cygwin.bat to make my default shell
tcsh.

Anyway, after I run vi, the window title changes
to "vi <fname>" where <fname> is the file that
I'm editing.  When I quit vi, the title of the
window remains that way until I quit the window,
or I use vi again with another file, in which
case it changes to "vi <newfilename>".

It sounds to me like there's a script or other intervening command definition handling your invocation of "vi."

Please show us the output of "where vi" (assuming, as you state above, that you're using tcsh). If you're using BASH, then show us the output of "type -a vi".

When running things like gcc or make the window
title doesn't get affected at all...it continues
to show "Cygwin", unless I had previously run
vi in that window.

Is there a way to fix this?  Is this a know
issue?

I have the screen shots at:
http://www.ee.duke.edu/~ag/cygerrs.pdf

Thanks,