Re: bash bug report? Minor border case:

On 31 Mar 2003, Michael Pierce wrote:

> On Sun, 2003-03-30 at 13:01, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> > On Sun, Mar 30, 2003 at 12:42:03PM -0800, linda w (cyg) wrote:
> > >Agreed.  Perhaps the naming should be a bit more evident.
> >
> > Or, perhaps you should school yourself to do some research before you
> > start blindly sending email.  At the very least you could do some
> > research before responding to valid observations that you are sending
> > inappropriate email.
> >
> > cgf
>
> Why do the developers seem to NOT want to push cygwin??? whats up with
> you people?? I have seen more slams on people asking questions. if you
> don't want to support cygwin then don't, just please, stop slamming
> someone every single day!
>
> I wish the developers would try to remember, not everyone is a
> developer, in fact most are just users, cut some slack!
>
> Michael

Redirecting someone to a correct list with their posts is not "slamming".
It happens all the time on the Usenet.  Chastising someone for arguing
that their post does indeed belong on the wrong list may be considered
"slamming" (in your definition), but at that point, the person is not
asking a question anymore.
	Igor
P.S. One does not need to be a developer to read and understand the list
charter.
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu

Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty.
  -- Leto II