Re: Failed non-blocking connect returns incorrect errno on AF_UNIX protocol

On Thu, Mar 27, 2003 at 10:32:16AM +0800, David Huang wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >I don't see that it's an error.  On non-blocking sockets you have to
> >expect that connect() returns before being connected.  Just because
> >other systems are so quick figuring out that nothing is listening on
> >the other side, this doesn't invalidate the EINPROGRESS response under,
> >well, slower conditions.
> Well, in my test-case, /tmp/.afunix is a dead socket, connect must return
> ECONNREFUSED but not EINPROGRESS, is it so?

Yes, you're right but this information is missing in your previous
posting.  I see why this happens but I don't have a quick solution.

However, thanks for the report,
Corinna

Cygwin Developer                                mailto:cygwin at cygwin dot com
Red Hat, Inc.