Re: how to source the environment variables from windows within anexisting cygwin window/terminal again?

A better fix for your problem is (I think), is to fire up ssh-agent,
put the output of ssh-agent into a file, and 'source' it into the
shells.

And in your .bashrc or however you start, you check for this file, and
source it if it exists.

And if you want to load the ssh-agent variables in a running bash, you
just either resource your .bashrc or whatever.

There were a discussion about this a while ago I think, some scripts
(bash/bat) added to set the variables, check the mailinglist archive.

     /Andy

--
 The eye of the beholder rests on the beauty!