Re: Added setup.exe to User's Guide

On Wed, Mar 26, 2003 at 11:15:30PM -0600, Joshua Daniel Franklin wrote:
>> > While I can't totally empathize since I've never had high Internet bills,
>> > until recently I was on US dialup (that's 53Kb down at best).
>>
>>  I've been around since it was 2400 bps ;-) - believe me; that is slow.
>
>Since we're reminiscing, I remember when a friend got a 300 baud modem and
>thought it was so cool. I held out until a local mall store had a Hayes 1200
>on sale (4 times faster! Who could believe it!) and then logged on to local
>BBSes and played Trade Wars and Land of Devastation until... actually, I guess
>until the Internet came to my area. I don't really remember stopping.

I remember the upgrade to 300, 1200, 2400, 9600, 19200 BAUD.  Each speed
improvement was more amazing than the next (I got ISDN sometime after
19200 and never looked back).  I also remember that when I wanted to
download something big, I would just start the download going and wander
away from the computer to do something else.  So, I don't really
understand the complaints about cygwin being hard to install over a slow
link.

>>Time seems to always be a culprit...  But my experience is coincident
>>wih yours; discussions brings things forth, might it be slow and time
>>consuming.
>
>"But, as I have observed that Time confuses facts occasionally, I
>hardly know what weight to give to his authority." -- Charles Dickens,
>"The Battle of Life"
>
>We can hope, anyway.  :)

And of course they're always this:

  "Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things."
                -- Dan Quayle

cgf