From: cygwin-owner at cygwin dot com [mailto:cygwin-owner at cygwin dot com]On Behalf
Of John Dallaway
Sent: Wednesday, 26 March 2003 6:33 pm
To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Subject: Determining the location of a Cygwin installation

I need to determine the location of an existing Cygwin net installation programatically. More precisely, I need to determine the native path to the directory containing cygwin1.dll from outside the Cygwin environment. I could interrogate the registry for mount points, but in the worst case I would have to look under both HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE for both the "/bin" and "/" mount points. Is there a more robust method?

John Dallaway