Re: /etc/passwd dependency of cygwin

fopen doesn't work if I have my own implementation of seteuid. fopen call which goes to fhandler.cc:open->
security.cc:set_security_attribute->
security.cc:alloc_sd
relies on uid to sid mapping in /etc/passwd or on the current uid set in the heap(which would be incorrect in my case as I have my own implementation of seteuid).

If there is a way to disable nt security in cygwin on win2k then this might work as security descriptor won't be created in that case.

Vishal