Re: tar and gzip

On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 08:04:46PM +0100, Krzysiek Pawlik wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>| All that you have to do is comply with the GPL.  Simply put, that
>| means that you have to distribute the sources for cygwin1.dll,
>| tar.exe, and gzip.exe with your program.
>
>I think that I'll have to make it in other way... The updater package
>consisted of four files: iUpdate.py, tar.exe, gzip.exe and cygwin1.dll, if
>I'm suposed to bundle also the sources for the last three files imagine the
>size of this package! It will be bigger than the main program package
>itself.

"If I have to stop for *every* red light, imagine how long it will take
me to get to work!"

We provide the software to you under a license.  The fact that the license
doesn't match your expectations is regrettable but that doesn't mean you
get to circumvent it.  The GPL is very clear and there is no clause in it
that says you get to not follow it because the size of the sources is
greater than the size of the binaries.

cgf