Re: RXVT Problem with buffering of application output.

As I have done more researches on this. I agreed with
Christopher Faylor that is because of the fact that
cygwin's ptys are actually pipes. Native Windows
program cannot recognize cygwin's pty.

More details of the problem are described in
http://www.khngai.com/emacs/tty.php

However, I do not buy the solution that the only
alternative is to change the native app's buffering.
There are thousands (or may be millions) of these
applications written by 3rd parties out there. I do
not have the source codes to recompile them.

I am using a lot of these programs from day to day.
For example, the Clearcase command line programs. All
the programs require user inputs will exhibit the
output buffering problem.

This almost makes rxvt un-usable. I am not saying this
is a rxvt problem. This could be the MS Windows
problem. I just hope that someone will come out with
an intelligent solution.

Best Regards,
Ayamico Hamasaki.