Header problem with OGL on Cygwin

Hi All,

I'm currently having some problems linking with OpenGL under cygwin. I was
hoping somebody who understands the system might be able to offer some
advice.

The problem I'm having is that when I try to link my object files together
with "-lglut32 -lglu32 -lopengl32" I get messages stating that there are
"undefined reference"(s) to "_glBegin", amonst other symbols.

Searching through the archives I've spotted a message stating that this
means I'm compiling with the wrong headers (The symbols should be of the
form _glBegin at 4'). It's at this point that I've lost the thread. My code
contains "#include <GL/glut.h>" and doing a 'find / -name glut.h' only shows
the one file located in /usr/include/GL.  Similarly doing the same find for
gl.h gives me one in /usr/include/GL and one in /usr/include/w32api/GL.

My compile command is "gcc -c <source file>"
My link    command is "gcc -o <exe name> <object files> -lglut32 -lglu32
-lopengl32"

Am I missing something simple?

Thanks for any help you can provide

Paul
--
Paul Sargent
mailto: Paul dot Sargent at 3Dlabs dot com