Re: exceed and xfree

/ "Ling F. Zhang" <lingfengz at yahoo dot com> wrote:
| well, this is more or less like a windows/dos problem:
|
| I do not like the cygwin dos window, so everytime I run cygwin, I go
| straight to open an xterm with my own color and size...  but I do
| not like the cygwin xserver either because it either have to be in a
| big window or full screen...well, I still have to work with my win2k
| darn it!

Good news, modern versions of the Xfree port supports running without
huge window, check http://cygwin.com/xfree/

[...]

| so here's the question: what code do I add to startxwin.bat so that
| it detect if exceed is running already and run it before running
| xterm if not....

Get a icon for "start exceed" and another icon for "start xterm"? :-)

| here's another question: is it possible for cygwin's xserver to use
| the native windows manager (like cygwin does) and do have to be so
| annoying big everytime??

I assume you mean "use it like exceed does", as mentioned above, yeah
it does in new versions since a while.

   /Andy

--
 The eye of the beholder rests on the beauty!