Re: DBD Mysql and perl under Cygwin 2.249.2.5 , need to runrebase??

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the quick reply. Didn't want to bother the list unless I'd
figure things out first. However, I don't mind conversing on the list
either.

You ask why I ran mkdir -p  WINNT/Profiles/.... below. I did so because
I'd gotten the rebaseall error saying that the directory listed was not
writable. Turns out the directory wasn't even existing. Somehow my Cygwin
bash setup  decided that's what TEMP and TMP should be (though there was
no directory there. Perhaps this is a default that Cygwin assumes for all
installations...

As you pointed out, $TMP, and $TEMP are set incorrectly for my bash env.
as  the following gives 'directory not found'

     $ ls -ld /cygdrive/c/WINNT/Profiles/ADMINI~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/1

also, you ask:
> Why would rebuilding rebase fix the above permissions problems?

Actually, I may've been confusing here. The permissions problems that I
was referring to were from the build.sh script not successfully making  a
directory in /tmp. From the logfile I sent in the original message:
------------------
find: /tmp/rebase.2532/usr: No such file or directory

and

tar: /tmp/rebase.2532: Cannot chdir: No such file or directory
------------------

Suggests that the build.sh script wasn't successful in making a temp
directory rebase.2532  in /tmp  (of the cygwin bash shell I was running to
compile rebase.

I'll reset my TEMP, and TMP variables and re-run rebaseall , which I
suspect should work fine now that you've pointed out what the rebaseall
script uses/assumes is available .

> rebaseall uses one of the following directories for temp files in
> decreasing priority:
>
>     $TMP
>     $TEMP
>     /tmp