Re: cygwin gcc 3.4 and cygwin

On Wednesday 12 March 2003 03:20, Ronald Landheer-Cieslak wrote:
> The cygwin target is i686-pc-cygwin
>
> That, and Cygwin without gcc would be pretty useless, so I don't worry too
> much :)
>
> rlc
>
> BTW: the FSF-provided gcc doesn't work OOTB on Cygwin, IIRC: there are a
> couple of patches to apply and a bit of development to be done each time.
It works fine OOTB, but it doesn't support the additional cygwin facilities.
I don't suppose any of us who report on gcc-testsuite are applying the
additional cygwin patches.  I hope that gcc-testsuite entries, and occasional
acceptance of cygwin-specific patches to the "official" gcc, provide
sufficient evidence that i686-pc-cygwin is being maintained actively.

--
Tim Prince