Re: Terminal output from ssh much slower than putty

Erik Vigmostad wrote:
Is there some way to speedup the output to my terminal? I would like to use cygwin for ssh'g to various servers, but it is so much slower that using putty that I can't.

I found that Windows XP's "Clear Type" font smoothing algorithm makes rxvt virtually unusable on my machine at work. Chaning the AA setting to "Standard" made me happy again.
But that may be a very special case, since this machine is a dual proc dual screen system with a TNT2 and a Voodoo3 graphics card - doesn't make it really easy for windows I think.
OTOH: on my machine at home - single proc, single GF card - I am quite happy with Clear Type and the performance of rxvt.

I sure don't know if you're in a similar situation as I am at work but if you're using XP and Clear Type it's at least worth a try switching it off / to Standard.

Regards
  mks