Re: why is bash trying to access my DNS?

David,

At 21:20 2003-03-03, David Means wrote:
On Mon, 2003-03-03 at 23:59, Randall R Schulz wrote:
> Geoffrey,

> Oops. I mean what data can sneakily be sent via a DNS request?
>
> Randall Schulz

Actually, plenty. Historically, Bind has been easily hacked. Although it's been a while since a good vulnerability was found in Bind, that doesn't mean there's not an unknown hole in it which could be exploited.

Please be specific. What information can be elicited by the DNS server from the DNS client when the client makes a DNS request?

I really think there are more important things to worry about, but I'd like to learn how I might be wrong.

--
David Means

Randall Schulz