RE: how to run a process from DOS within a cygwin .bat file

Tom,

Have you typed
$ man bash
lately? IMHO, it is one of the most comprehensive man documents I know. I
have never needed to read it until my eyes bled - probably because my eyes
don't shed blood so easily, but I like to think it is also because the
document(ation) is so clear. If you don't agree, I'm sure PWBTC[*].

Other than that, the only other thing I can think of of telling Gilles
(the one that originally started this thread) do to - if he really, really
wants a Bash for plain DOS (without Windows) - is to take a look at the
DJGPP project at www.delorie.com. That would be completely OT here,
though, so I won't do that (oops - too late! ;)

The docs being as clear and abundant as they are, I think that RTFM
response is justified in by far most occasions I have seen it (and in all
occasions I have personally given it, but that could just be me being on
my own high horse).

Read that funky manual - that's what it's there for!

rlc

[* PWBTC - this one is not in the OLOCA yet: "Patches will be thoughtfully
considered" - I think either Igor or Corinna has the trademark on this one
;)]