Re: no installation instructions except in FAQ?

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Feb 2003, Daniel B. wrote:
>
> > On the documentation page at http://cygwin.com/docs.html, there no
> > mention of installation instructions.  It's not obvious that they are
> > hidden in the FAQ list.
> >
> > Which is the right mailing to use to suggest to the documentation
> > developers that the installation instructions be pulled into an
> > installation guide?
>
> Daniel,
>
> This is the right place.  If you feel that documentation is lacking,

What did I say was lacking?  I said something was hidden (because it's in
the wrong place).  That is, the effort already spent to write it is not
being used to maximum benefit.

> write the appropriate sections ...
>
> "Patches thoughtfully considered"^{TM}

Are you trying to say that you don't consider constructive feedback about
problems unless it comes with a complete fix?

(I thought http://cygwin.com/bugs.html says "Bug reports without solutions
are also welcome.")

Daniel