Re: threads question

-----Original Message-----
From: wayne <wayne at reliant dot immure dot com>
To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 15:49:15 -0600
Subject: threads question

I was wondering what the current status of using threads are for
cygwin?  I have a project that I am starting and am considering
using threads.  The clients would be all flavors of Windows
including 95 to XP.  I know this is rather vague but I am really
only looking for info about wither I should try using threads or
just go with processes.

All right, since your question is "rather vague," I'll mouth off about it.  The threaded tests in the gcc testsuites are being run all the time, with gcc built with --enable-threads=posix.  There is nothing to stop a program which is built with a non-cygwin Windows compiler from doing its own threading but running under cygwin.  I run both OpenMP and MPI stuff built with other compilers, under cygwin.
Tim Prince