Re: cygwin1.dll, nontsec, and NTFS disk issue

On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 03:21:42PM +0800, Wu Yongwei wrote:
>You are correct about file permissions, Christopher.
>
>We all know that Windows has loose file permissions and all files are
>marked executable by default.  When CYGWIN=nontsec,
>
>Old behaviour: when an executable is wanted, the system will check by
>extension and content, not file permissions;
>
>New behaviour: when an executable is wanted, the system will check by
>file permissions on NTFS disks, even though nontsec is set.

And, don't you think I checked this before responding?  On MY system,
setting CYGWIN=nontsec causes the executable bits to disappear.

My next theory is that you may be setting CYGWIN=nontsec directly in
bash or something.  You have to set CYGWIN=nontsec prior to starting a
cygwin process.

Please provide the exact details of what you are doing, along with
cygcheck -r -s -v output as an attachment.

cgf